[omniORB] Using signals with omniORB

Manush Dodunekov manush@litecom.se
Wed, 26 May 1999 22:21:46 +0200 (CEST)

> I've recognized, that some signals are used internaly by omniORB, e.g.
> SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2. Which other signals are forbidden for application use?
>
> But my problem using signals is another one. I'm not shure, if it's a omniORB
> problem or a genarel problem mit multithreaded applications. I can't reset my
> signal handler after the first arrival of the signal (Linux!). The second
> arrival
> of the signal has no effect, that means my signal handler is not called and
> the application is not terminated. The background is, I want my server to
> reload
> its config data on a signal.

Linuxthreads (the pthreads implementation on linux) uses SIGUSR{1,2}
internally.

When mixing threads and signals, it's recommended to use sigwait() in a
dedicated thread. This way you don't have to worry about signal handlers.
Also make sure you send signals to the right PID since threads have
different PIDs on linux.

regards,
Manush