[omniORB] Compiling with egcs under RH 6.0

ryan.tecco rtecco@voxel.ummu.umich.edu
Fri, 21 May 1999 15:43:41 -0400 (EDT)

After reading the FAQ, I gave compiling with egcs a try (which turns out
to be the default with gcc), because every time I ran the samples that
used the naming service, I got 'Abort'. So, according to the FAQ, I have
generated thread safe code under Red Hat 6.0, which has all of the newest
stable libraries, etc. After a successful compile (although there were a
couple of warnings that seemed suspicious), I tried running 'eg3_impl'
only to have it crash before it does anything. So in summary, after a new
compile, I can't run omniNames, eg3_impl and eg3_clt even on the same
machine.

Please help!
rt

ryan.tecco