[omniORB]

Walt Yao Walt.Yao@cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu, 20 May 1999 12:43:29 +0100

There are various ways you can get an object reference.  One of the bette=
r way =

is to go through the nameservice, e.g. omniNames.  You can follow eg3 tha=
t =

comes with the omniORB doc to see how that works.   If you want a fast re=
sult, =

you can simply stringify (using object_to_string()) the object reference =
of =

your server obect and then copy the returned string to your Java client. =
 eg2 =

in the omni's doc shows you a way to do this.

Normally you'll be getting back an objref of type Object.  so you will ne=
ed to =

cast it using _narrow() to the appropriate type that you are expecting.  =
you =

can then use it as a conventional Java object.

// Walt
> =

> 	It's so kind of u to help me, but I still got question. Can I obtain r=
eference of server object on Linux , and invoke its =