[omniORB] memory leak in omni_thread

Rusty Carruth c1040@fmsserv99.azfms.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:33:21 -0700 (MST)

> David Riddoch wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Looking again, I think it is because you are creating undetached threads.
>
> Works for me.
>
> I should have spotted this, although, I have to say I think this is pretty
> sublte:-).

For those of us who do threads all day everyday, its not quite so
subtle - ya gotta reap the return value so the os can free the
stack (and so forth), just like SOMEBODY needs to wait() on a
process to make it leave and not hang around as a zombie...

I will have to admit that I scanned your query and did not think
of that immediately, though, so its not tops on our list of things
to remember, either ;-)

rc

-----
rusty@azfms.com		rustyc@inficad.com	rusty@descomp.com

(If this message is short, then its not meant to be curt,
its meant to be quick.  If its long, well, sorry about
that ;-)