[omniORB] Nameservice question.

Farzad Pezeshkpour fuzz@sys.uea.ac.uk
Wed, 19 May 1999 13:36:38 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've just installed version 2.7.1 on my W95 box and am suffering with the naming service. The echo
example, gets as far as attempting a bind to the 'test' context:
    rootContext->bind_new_context(contextName);

at which point, it throws an exception which is caught by the anonymous catch block:
    catch (...) etc.

I don't quite understand why an exception should be thrown at this stage. Clearly, the server has
bound to the name service and retrieved the root context. Apart from the specified exception types
(COMM_FAILURE and fatalException) why else would bind_new_context fail?

Thanks in advance,

Farzad Pezeshkpour
Research Associate
University of East Anglia