[omniORB] How can I use a 3rd party Interface Repository?

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Wed, 5 May 1999 09:05:01 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Erlend V B=F8e wrote:

> David,
>=20
> Does this mean that a server program using omniORB will support
> get_interface() if I use a different naming service/bootstrap server
> such as the java "BootstrapServer" trick mentioned in the guide from Ben
> Harris ?

I'm not sure what this 'BootstrapServer' trick is. However,
get_interface() does not work at the moment, because
resolve_initial_references() doesn't work for the interface repository. It
is a bug and will be fixed in the next release.

> I looked at the Java IDL documentation, and it says that Java IDL has no
> support for an interface repository,
> and a short Java program trying to use InterfaceDef failed to compile.
>=20
> I know its a bit off-topic, but do you know if it is possible to get a
> Java IDL program to support get_interface() ?

I'm sorry I don't know. Anyone else know?

David