[omniORB] Using onmiNames with a Java client.

Mark Howells mark@softoption.com
Tue, 4 May 1999 12:38:34 +0100

I guess my knowledge is a little flaky in this area and/or I haven't
explained my problem properly...

What I'm trying to do is use the javaORB client side with omninames.
javaOrb uses a config file to resolve initial refs where the entry for the
NameService is as follows.

NamingService   Host(mark),
ObjectId(IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext:1.0), Key(NamingRoot),
Port(12345)

The error I get back from omniNames is 'org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST' when
I attempt to narrow the NamingContext.

My understanding of the IOR printed by omniNames when it starts up is that
it can change  from invocation to invocation making installation a pain so I
can't do this.

Mark