[omniORB] Re: Object Reference Rules

Armen Yampolsky ayampolsky@erols.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:15:23 +0000

David Riddoch wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Armen Yampolsky wrote:
>
> > David, thank you for your quick response!
> >
> > Unfortunately, even with this simple example, using your suggested code
> > (Method 3, which you label "if you want to be able to get() again"), we see a
> > memory leak on the server. The relevant client code looks something like
> > this:
>
> This is very strange.  We've just tried a similar example here, and both
> the client and server are stable at about 3 MB in size.
>
> We need to think again.

David,

*I* need to think again!

We tracked the leak to a line of server-side debugging code, where we were
actually being rather careless. My apologies for the red herring. Thanks for your
help.

BTW, one thing we noticed was that omniORB sequence_var don't seem to have a
_retn() method. I can't check the archives because the search facility is down
again, but as I understand it, this is a CORBA 2.2 addition. Is this something
that we may see appear in the near future?

Thanks, and once again, my apologies for creating confusion.
-Armen

--
Armen Yampolsky
Axiom Software Labs