[omniORB] Using Visual C++ with omniORB 2.7.1

Keith Olivares keith@javtech.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:46:29 -0500

Greetings:

I'm very new to this, so please bear with me.

I've just installed omniORB 2.7.1 on my machine (WinNT 4.0 SP4) and I tried
to run the omniidl.exe run with Visual C++ 6.0.  Whenever I run the program,
I get an error message stating that it could not find MSVCP50.DLL in my
path.  Since I'm using ver. 6, I do not have that dll.  I do have
MSVCP60.DLL.  I copied MSVCP50.DLL from another machine into mine and I was
able to get the omniidl.exe to work.  However, how would this impact my
development?  Would it cause problems since I am using an old dll instead of
a more recent one?  If so, how could I make omniORB pick up MSVCP60.DLL when
the file is in my PATH?  Thanks.

Keith Olivares

Keith Joseph B. Olivares
Javelin Technologies, Inc.