[omniORB] MARSHAL Exception with Visibroker/Java and Any

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:18:03 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Gary D. Duzan wrote:

>    Did this not make it into 2.7.1? I'm running into the same thing
> with longs now and I don't see any entry in the offset table which is
> close. (The offset to the long is also misaligned, but there is nothing
> with 20 bytes or so, at least.) I'll probably go ahead and try hacking
> something into typecode.cc for our own use, but if you have a patch
> for it I'll take it. :-)

'Fraid not. Having discovered that we did deal with the string case
properly, I though we would probably be safe. However, I didn't realise
that any ORB could be brain-dead enough to use TypeCode indirections when
it makes the TypeCode bigger! As you hadn't at that point reported
problems with other primitive types I assumed that the other end was not
putting in indirections for them.

I suppose I ought to fix it ... I'll get back to you when I have a patch.
I am going to have our ORB reject mis-aligned indirections however, but
accept them only if -ORBlcdMode/omniORB::enableLcdMode() is enabled.

Cheers,
David