[omniORB] Announcement - omniORB 2.7.1 - free CORBA 2 ORB now available

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:32:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Mikhail Soukhanov wrote:

> If the changes from 2.7.0 are really minor and (supposedly) not
> numerous, is it possible to put them all in a small separate archive so
> it can be easily downloaded (taking into account the poor performance of
> omniORB's ftp site)?

Okay - I've put a patch up, and you can select it from the usual form.

However ... I've changed the copyright notice in pretty much every source
file, and made a fair few changes to the manual ... so its quite large.
Compressed (.gz, .zip) its about 75Kbytes.

You'll need to apply this to a clean installation of 2.7.0 (ie. without
any of the bug-fix patches applied).

Cheers,
David

PS. As Sai-Lai said earlier, the speed of our connection to the outside
world should improve soonish.