[omniORB] Compiling examples for DEC OSPF 1_4

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:10:36 -0500

In Message <3oogm1tv4v.fsf@neem.cam-orl.co.uk> ,
   Sai-Lai Lo <S.Lo@uk.research.att.com> wrote:

=>                                                                 For the
=>moment, omniORB2 can be compiled and run with egcs-1.1.1 (properly
=>configured) on x86 linux, solaris and AIX. There may be other egcs/platform
=>combinations that work but I'm not sure.

   For the record, I never got things working properly with egcs on
AIX.  Talking to Andrey Slepuhin I understand that it only ever worked
with a patched older version of egcs (1.0+eh_path). The exception code
has evolved significantly since then, so the patch no longer applies
directly. I tried every release from 1.0 on, plus a snapshot from after
1.1.1, but exceptions still broke in the presense of threads. Hopefully
the egcs folks will get this stuff fixed before too long.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories