[omniORB] MacOS Port

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
08 Mar 1999 13:07:51 +0000

Stephen,

Thanks for the work.

It is best to be able to use GNUmake and other shell utils to
compile omniORB for MacOS. I suspect this is not possible at the moment.
May be we can do the same as with the OpenVMS port. Bruce give me a set of
OpenVMS specific script files and I distributed it in the source as a zip
file. If anyone wants to build omniORB2 for openVMS, just unzip and overlay the
files onto the source tree. How about doing the same with Codewarrior's
project files? One thing to make sure is that the project files should have
as little dependencies on individual system setup as possible to make it
really easy to build.

I'm willing to merge the modifications to the main source once the Mac port
is completed and tested.

If you prefer, send me a tar-ball and a note on how to build the
stuff. I'll put the tar-ball on our ftp server and put your note to the
contribution web page to let others try it out.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com