[omniORB] deadlock-problem under AIX

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:00:33 -0400

In Message <111302C972D7D01185A00060977D7D415EE7E5@DATALEX_NT> ,
   PJ McKenna <pj.mckenna@datalex.ie> wrote:

=>
=>> -----Original Message-----
=>> From: b.keeping@ic.ac.uk [mailto:b.keeping@ic.ac.uk]
=>> Subject: Re: [omniORB] deadlock-problem under AIX
=>>
=>> Hi,
=>>
=>> We struggled for weeks with AIX4.2... the solution was to go to 4.3!
=>> Threads just don't work properly in 4.2.
=>>
=>> Ben Keeping
=>> Imperial College
=>>
=>
=>Mr Imperial College man,
=>  Are you saying that OmniORB2 on AIX4.2 is unusable?
=>  Yours,
=>	P.J.

   This isn't our experience. We run 4.2.1 and OmniORB2 has been quite
usable for us. I haven't seen anything like the message you were
seeing. It may be that you are using some programming idiom which
triggers this particular behavior. Do you have any static object
references by any chance? It looked like you were getting stuck in the
static destructor area.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories