[omniORB] FreeBSD Support

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:54:48 -0400

In Message <37723F1E.579D2A2D@intermind.com> ,
   Rick Blair <blair@intermind.com> wrote:

=>Hi All,
=>
=>Sorry if this is a FAQ.
=>
=>We are doing a project in GNAT Ada95 on FreeBSD and need to access other
=>resources on other computers.  CORBA would be a great fit for what we
=>need.  Since onmiorb is supported by GNAT it seems to be the logical
=>choice. However it does not seem to be supported on FreeBSD. (I am not
=>surprised, nothing else is either, but that is another story!)  Anyone
=>get omniORB running on FreeBSD 3.1-3.2?  Any pitfalls?  Any Suggestions?

   I know someone here who tried it on FreeBSD (don't know which
version) but couldn't get the exceptions/threads stuff to work.  I
tried it on NetBSD/i386-current the other day using the PTL2 package,
but eg1 got a SEGV the first time an exception was thrown. Until these
issues get sorted out I don't see if happening.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories