[omniORB] deadlock-problem under AIX

b.keeping@ic.ac.uk b.keeping@ic.ac.uk
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:41:06 +0100

Mr Datalex man(!),

I realise my statement was a bit sweeping, but generally I don't think
operating system upgrades are released just for the fun of it (with
the honourable exception of Linux of course!).

I no longer have access to a 4.2 machine to check the details, but we
found that some simple examples were fine, but as soon as you tried
something slightly more complicated like locking a mutex, it fell
over. Admittedly we are using some other tricks at the same time like
dynamic loading of shared objects --- see my message to this group
months ago which produced no response! --- but these work fine on
several other operating systems.

Just sharing my experiences (and in no way representing Imperial
College of course!).

Ben Keeping