[omniORB] More MFC Fun

Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:16:50 -0500

> All right, here goes. I have an MFC app. Included below are the classes
> that I am using to get CORBA into the application. In trying to call a
> remote method, I get a 'Unhandled exception in KERNEL32.DLL'. Using the
> debugger, I traced into the program and got it crashing out at a call to
> OmniProxyCallWrapper::invoke(this, _call_desc);

I know I've had this same problem but I couldn't find reference to it
in my notes.  Must have occurred on a Friday afternoon. :)

I might suggest adding a try-catch block to your Client::sendRequest()
method which includes the following code:

    try {
    }
    catch (CORBA::SystemException &sysEx) {
      LPVOID ptr = 0;
      FormatMessage( FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER |
                     FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM,
                     NULL,
                     GetLastError(),
                     MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH,SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US),
                     (LPTSTR)&ptr,
                     0, NULL);
      printf("%s\n",(char *)ptr);
      LocalFree(ptr);   // free the memory allocated by FormatMessage
    }

This might give you some more insight into what's going on.  I had a
problem with the paging file being too small which caused a system
exception when invoking a server operation.  (Never did find a workaround
for this Windows "feature".)

Not sure if this will help or not.  Give it a shot...
--- becs