[omniORB] Multi-threading policy in servers

Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:58:17 +0100

On Wednesday 2 June, "Jose Luis Ajuria" wrote:

> If I take a look at the server's output, I see that the server does
> not process more than five methods at the same time, although the
> client has already invoked more that five (20 i.e.).  I I try to
> invoke this method from another client at the same time I see that
> the limitation if 5 methods per invoking client process (the server
> starts running only 5 methods for

> And the questions are: Where is this limitation set (server queue,
> method dispatching, server connection...)?  How could I increment
> the number of threads (or remove this limitation) ?  For my
> application perhaps this limit is too low. I do not even know the
> exact number of invokes from a given client.

As explained in section 7.2 of the omniORB manual, the maximum number
of TCP connections, and thus threads, which are opened between two
address spaces is set by changing the value of
omniORB::maxTcpConnectionPerServer before the call to ORB_init(). As
you've discovered, the default value is 5.