[omniORB] UserException

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:15:35 -0400

   It might be helpful to find out what kind of SystemException you are
getting. You can do that by looking at the repository id:

  catch(CORBA::SystemException& ex) {
    cerr << "CORBA::SystemException caught in (your code location here): "
         << ex.NP_RepositoryId() << endl;
    // more exception handling here
  }

Also, you should mention what OmniORB versions you have on the client
and server.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories

In Message <c=GB%a=_%p=Acxiom_Corporati%l=SRV_SUND2-990728111922Z-1527@srv_lon6.acxiom.co.uk> ,
   agonne - Andrew Gonnet <AGONNE@acxiom.co.uk> wrote:

=>To be complete, I'm throwing the class generated from:
=>
=>exception MyException
=>{
=>	short errorCode;
=>	string errorString;
=>};
=>
=>using:
=>throw MyException( 10, CORBA::string_dup( (const char*) "test" );
=>
=>when I get the SystemException thrown at the client.
=>
=>(The Client is on a NT4.0 PC compiled using VC++ V6.0 and the
=>implementation on a Digital unix V4.0 (Rev. 1091) Compaq server
=>compiled using cxx V6.1-029)
=>
=>Thanks,
=>