[omniORB] UserException

agonne - Andrew Gonnet AGONNE@acxiom.co.uk
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:19:22 +0100

I can't get UserExceptions thrown in my implementation code to be
returned to the client - all that happens is a SystemException is
thrown at the client end. As far as I can tell, I'm doing what my
Corba books and the Corba spec. say.

Does anybody have example idl, C++ client and C++ implementation code
showing how to use a class generated from an idl "exception"
containing, say, a "short" and a "string", or similar?

To be complete, I'm throwing the class generated from:

exception MyException
{
	short errorCode;
	string errorString;
};

using:
throw MyException( 10, CORBA::string_dup( (const char*) "test" );

when I get the SystemException thrown at the client.

(The Client is on a NT4.0 PC compiled using VC++ V6.0 and the
implementation on a Digital unix V4.0 (Rev. 1091) Compaq server
compiled using cxx V6.1-029)

Thanks,

Andrew Gonnet