[omniORB] Assertion failed

Helmut Swaczinna Helmut.Swaczinna@wmd.de
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:39:19 +0100

Hi,

my client process (outmgr) crashed with this message:

outmgr: ../strand.cc:280: void Strand::Sync::RdUnlock(bool = 0): Assertion
`pd_strand->pd_rd_nwaiting < 0' failed.

What does this mean? What might I've done wrong?

The process works almost all the time, but sometimes it chrashes.
This process is one of 12 omni processes running on one machine. Most of them
are combined client-servers and multi-threaded. Some of the others had
crashed
too in the past, but not as often as this one. I've seen the error message
shown
above for the first time now. Maybe it can lead me to the cause of these
crashes.

I'm using omniORB 2.7.1 unter Linux 2.0.36 with egcs 1.1.1.

Thanks for any help

Helmut