[omniORB] ORBInitialPort and BOAiiop_port

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:19:18 +0100

On Monday 26 July, youzhong liu wrote:

> I noticed that in the ORB and BOA initialisation options, we have
> ORBInitialPort and BOAiiop_port to set the port number. I know
> BOAiiop_port is about TCP port. However,  ORBInitialPort makes me a little
> confusing. What does it mean conceptually? Shall I set these two port
> numbers the same or different?

BOAiiop_port determines which port the program listens on for any
objects which it implements. ORBInitialPort (along with
ORBInitialHost) tells the program where the Naming service is running.
They are an alternative to putting the NAMESERVICE IOR in the omniORB
configuration file.