[omniORB] WinSock problem

Steven W. Brenneis brennes1@rjrt.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:13:21 -0400

I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem or if anyone knows what
might be the problem.

If a client (any platform) attempts to connect to a WinSock omniORB
server before the server has called BOA::_impl_is_ready, the client will
hang.  We have traced it to the client making the connect before the
server rendezvouser enters the accept loop.  Normally, a non-WinSock
host would respond with connection refused since there is nothing
listening on the socket.  This would result in a COMM_FAILURE exception
on the client and everything would proceed.  However, WinSock hosts do
not seem to do this and the client hangs in the GIOP client.

Any thoughts?
Steve Brenneis