[omniORB] Java & omniORB

Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:23:39 -0500

> I have been trying to connect a Java Client (JDK 1.2) to omniORB 2.7.1
> on a Windows NT 4.0 Server but it can not seem to work (please see
> source code).
>
> I have already started OMNINAMES (on port 900) and my corba server
> (Validacion). They work fine if I use my C++ client. but I do not know
> why it does not work with my java client (it fails between step 6 and 7).

I've successfully used omniORB 2.7.0 with Java JDK 1.2.1 on Windows NT
with both omniNames and tnameserv.  I know one gotcha I ran into was that
I updated my IDL file to accommodate Java (added a "module" statement)
but I forgot to recompile my omniORB application with this new IDL.  The
IOR of the objects will not match in this case since the Java IDL compiler
embeds the module name in the string.  Oops!

FYI: To use Java tnameserv with omniORB, set ORBInitialPort to 900 in
     omniORB.cfg

Just some morning ramblings...
--- becs