[omniORB] omniORB and gtk

Matt Goodall mgg@isotek.co.uk
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:45:20 +0000

--------------660547151DF4DCF716275F3E

Is it possible to use omniORB with the GTK+ toolkit on Linux? If
possible I would like to make my GUI windows CORBA objects so that they
can be controlled by another program.

Other CORBA implementations seem to do this by making the X event loop
wake up when CORBA events occur. I think they do it by adding input
hooks. I've searched for similar stuff in omniORB but with no luck.

Oh yeah, the reasons for wanting to use omniORB, if possible, are speed
(run-time and compilation) and the C++ bindings. Mico will do all this
already but the compilation takes forever; ORBit is a C-only
implementation; any others?

Thanks for any help.

Matt Goodall
mgg@isotek.co.uk

--------------660547151DF4DCF716275F3E

begin:vcard
n:Goodall;Matt
tel;fax:+44 113 234 2918
tel;work:+44 113 234 3202/3
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Isotek Electronics Ltd
adr;quoted-printable:;;Claro House=0D=0AServia Road;Leeds;W.Yorks;LS7 1NL;England
version:2.1
email;internet:mgg@isotek.co.uk
x-mozilla-cpt:;-21184
fn:Matt Goodall