[omniORB] Tripping over omniORB non-ANSI code using Sun nativ e v5.0 compiler

Smith, Norman Norman_Smith@bmc.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:05:13 -0500

I have done some research into the source code, and the problem seems to
hinge around the destructor definition in class "o2be_sequence_chain" in
file "<top>/src/tool/omniidl2/omniORB2_be/o2be.h". Removing the virtual
declaration in its entirety solves the SLIP.DELETER problem, and allows
omniidl2 to build.

Alas, after this the compiler gets what appears to be a SIGSEGV (Signal=11)
violation and aborts. I don't know if it has to do with the removal of the
aforementioned virtual destructor or not. I've tried several variations on
the destructor for that class (making it non-virtual, adding a line of code
into the body, etc.), but the only thing that seems to satisfy the
SLIP.DELETER problem is to remove it entirely.

I'm still trying to determine how this particular class is being used (i.e.
super- or sub-classed) to cause a problem with this destructor. If you are
able to obtain any info or can offer another suggestion, I'd be happy to
hear it.