[omniORB] Tripping over omniORB non-ANSI code using Sun nativ e v5.0 compiler

Smith, Norman Norman_Smith@bmc.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:49:40 -0500

Yes, this was the original problem for me also. Support says to make sure
the latest compiler patches are installed. Unless there are some
undocumented patches I don't know about, we have all the patches and get the
error anyway.

Our work around at this point is using GNU 2.8.1 compiler on Sun platform
until we can get these other issues resolved.

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Dube [mailto:tdube@caminus.com]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 1999 2:13 PM
To: 'omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com'
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Tripping over omniORB non-ANSI code using Sun
native v5.0 compiler

At 06:22 PM 7/9/99 -0500, Smith, Norman wrote:
>I am trying to build omniORB source using native Sun Workshop v5.0 under
>Solaris 2.5 and 2.7 without success. The following error is produced when
>attempting to compile and build omniNames:

 [snip]
 Description of a naming conflict because of a class named log.

The 2.8.1. pre-release fixes this problem, but I cannot get that
release to build either.   While linking omniidl2, I get the following
errors: [ Note: omniidl2 in 2.7.1 successfully builds with the same
compiler].

CC -o omniidl2 -O2 -L../../../lib/sun4_sosV_5.6 driver/libdrv.a
omniORB2_be/libomniORB2_be.a fe/libfe.a ast/libast.a util/libutil.a
narrow/libnarrow.a
__SLIP.DELETER__C
omniORB2_be/libomniORB2_be.a(o2be_predefined_type.o)
__SLIP.DELETER__D
omniORB2_be/libomniORB2_be.a(o2be_enum.o)
__SLIP.DELETER__E
omniORB2_be/libomniORB2_be.a(o2be_interface.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to omniidl2

-Tom Dube