[omniORB] Clients and servers without OmniNames...

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:42:49 +0100 (GMT)

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Charles W Collins wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way hardcode the connection between a
> client and server so that they don't have to use omniNames?  For the
> project that we are working on, one client/server pair is going to be on
> each machine involved and we'd like to be able to connect them to each
> other without needing to run omninames in the background.

Use stringified IORs.

See CORBA::ORB::object_to_string() and string_to_object().

Have a look at the archives of this list or the manual to see how to
ensure that the server always uses the same IOR.

Hope that helps,
David