Antw: [omniORB] omniORB on WinNT and Pharlap ETS

jon.kristensen@kongsberg-simrad.com jon.kristensen@kongsberg-simrad.com
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:00:10 +0200

Andi,
The problem with this approach is that you have to specify the "complete" path
name in the <additional library path> field. Relative paths (to a common base)
does not work. As these paths are stored in the project files, this is a problem
when several developers have installed omniORB at different base directories.

VC++ has a <directories> tab in the Tools/Options dialog. Here I can set paths
for include files, library files, binary files and source files. These settings
are part of the compiler settings and need not be the same for all users. I
would like to use this mechanism for specifying file paths for the omniORB
files; this enables me to have the workspace (dsw) and project (dsp) files
shared among the developers using version control.

Thanks anyway for a quick reply, and thanks also to Andrey Nechipurenko, who
produced a similar response.

Jon.

"Andi Kessler" <Andi.Kessler@sarasin.ch> on 08.07.99 11:11:56