[omniORB] Port of omniORB_280pre1 to Compaq C++ 6.2 OpenVMS Alpha 7.1

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
07 Jul 1999 10:47:36 +0100

Bruce,

I'll check the _0RL_buildDesc_cstring to make sure other compilers are not
upset with the change. Sigh!

> BTW, is the testsuite that used to reside in src/tests/omniORB2_testsuite
> no longer supported?  If so then we should remove this from the VMS
> distribution.

It is not the intention to remove the testsuite permanently. At the moment
it needs some cleanup. I'll try to make it available later.

> Unfortunately, it looks like porting 280pre1 to DEC C++ 5.6 is going to
> take some work.

Sorry about that, I've attempted to clean up the internal template and most
certainly removed workarounds for gcc 2.7.2. This may have affected DEC C++
5.6 as well. The main change that could affect 5.6 is to put back those
template functions defined in <top>/include/omniORB2/templatedefns.h back
into inline functions in <top>/include/omniORB2/templatedecls.h.

I appreciate if you spend some time on figuring out what workarounds are
needed for 5.6.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com