[omniORB] Naming service.

Yana Vaisman yana@ParadigmGeo.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:58:38 +0200

Hi,

I'm doing my first steps with omniORB. So, according to the omniORB2
version 2.8 User's Guide recommendation I'm carefully studying the
examples. I compiled <Top>/src/examples/echo examples on Unix and tried
to run them.

eg1,  eg2_impl  examples are OK.
But I have a problem with the eg3_impl example. I've done everything
according to README file explanations:
  I've  run the COS Naming service, then I've run the eg3_impl.
Everything is seemed all right, the eg3_clt clients successfully get the
particular IOR from the omniNames server. Then I killed the  eg3_impl
process and tryed to run it again. As a result, the Naming Service  was
crashed (Segmentation fault).

Can you kindly explain me this situation and what can I do to avoid it.