[omniORB] Re: Consistent IOR revisited

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
31 Aug 1999 21:56:24 +0100

> Hi All!
> I have been searching the archives and found just scattered information
> about this, but I believe this is so fundamental to OmniORB development, and
> I consider myself just an ordinary programmer, so tell me, please, _anyone_,
> _in simple terms_, and hopefully with code snippets:

> send this IOR to all my clients. <<<<<<<

The way to do this is described in the user guide, perhaps not that easy to
find at first glance.

Anyway, the code fragment looks something like this:

class Echo_i : public virtual _sk_Echo {
public:
  Echo_i(const omniORB::objectKey& key) : _sk_Echo(key) {}
};

As you can see, one ctor of _sk_Echo takes an argument which will be used
as the key of the object. The key can either be generated using
the function omniORB::generateNewKey or obtain from an object
implementation using the _key member function. The omniORB::objectKey is an
opaque type but there are some functions that help you to externalise the
key into a sequence of octet (see section 4.4 of the user guide).

You also have to specify the ORB to reuse the same TCP/IP port every time.
This is done by the -BOAiiop_port <port number> option.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com