[omniORB] gcc 2.95 compiler warning

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:20:58 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> omniORB. Also, the
> stubs libraries are huge ! Can I expect them to shrink in future
> versions of omniORB
> or, on the contrary, will the generated code be even larger if we
> migrate to POAs ?

> PS: I use omniORB 2.7.1 in conjunction with Duncan's LC patch.

It is not yet clear how much the size of the generated stubs is going to
change with the POA.  I don't think it will be radically different.
However, support for the life-cycle service should be more tightly
integrated with the ORB, and so should be much smaller an overhead ( if
any at all ).

For the moment, I think the two things generating the most code in the
stubs are probably:

1.  Having 'raises' in your operation signatures.
2.  Including the dynamic stubs.

Regards,
David