[omniORB] RE: Problem with IRIX 6.3

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
29 Apr 1999 15:17:29 +0100

--=-=-=

To: "Sai-Lai Lo" <S.Lo@uk.research.att.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 06:26:52 -0700
From: "Nilo Stolte" <nilo_stolte@my-dejanews.com>
Subject: RE: Problem with IRIX 6.3

Hi!

Just to tell you that, in fact, the .cfg file
was not read because I didn't give the file name
in the environment variable, but only the path.
I thought that the file name was unique. When I
read the Unix README again I realized the mistake.

Now it is working very well in my O2. Just revising,
I installed OmniORB2 on a O2 under IRIX 6.3 and
7.2.1 C++ compiler. To do it correctly I was obliged
to:

  - install the 7.2.1 C++ compiler
  - install the latest patches (mine was from
    March, 1999) for IRIX 6.3, posix
    and 7.2.1 compiler .
  - uncomment  "platform = mips_irix_6.2_n32" in
    config.mk
  - change mips_irix_6.2_n32.mk, putting:

    OMNIORB2_LIB = $(patsubst %,$(LibSearchPattern), \
                     omniORB2) \
                   $(patsubst %,$(LibSearchPattern),\
                     omniDynamic2) \
                   $(OMNIORB2_TCPWRAPGK_LIB) \
                   $(OMNITHREAD_LIB) \
                   $(SOCKET_LIB)

    after
       # CORBA stuff" ...
       CorbaImplementation = OMNIORB2

  - compile everything as documented in the Unix
    README file

I hope this information will be useful for somebody.

Regards,

Nilo.

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums