[omniORB] sample code for generating TypeCode_ptr

chchang@loc201.tandem.com chchang@loc201.tandem.com
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:48:22 -0700

I need some sample code on how to create the TypeCode_ptr at run-time
for a user-defined, complex structure with non-basic-type
sub-components, eg:

	struct exampleStruct2 {
		string m1;
		exampleStruct1 m2;
	}

In the OmniORB2.7.1 User Guide doucment, there's an example at the
bottom of page 94 (Section 10.2.2) on creating the TypeCode for a
simple struct type. But it didn't cover on how to put the
non-basic-type complex components together under tc_members.  Also,
the example still use some compile-time info, specficially
"IDL:exampleStruct1:1.0" and "exampleStruct1", while calling
orb->create_struct_tc() to construct the TypeCode.

What I really want to do is that, given a TypeCode string (like those
created by Orbix) corresponding to a complex user-defined type at
run-time, my program would be able to generate the TypeCode_ptr on
the fly.

Any comment is appreciated.

--- Jeffrey Chang