[omniORB] Invalid pointer read/write errors

Ted McFadden mcfadden@dstc.edu.au
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:46:20 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Jonathan Buchanan wrote:

> I am running omniORB 2.7.1 on Solaris 2.5.1 with SPARCWorks C++ compiler
> 4.2.
> I am doing some very simple stuff using a string sequence defined in IDL
> as:
> typedef sequence<string> MyStringSequence;.....
>
> It all works.  But... I ran it with Purify which produced some alarming
> errors for this statement:
>       IPW: Invalid pointer write (12 times)
>       This is occurring while in thread 9:
>             CORBA::String_member::String_member(void) [libopasCorba.a]
>             _VeCtOr_nEw_   [libC.a]....

I think you'll find this to be a bit of confusion on purify's part.
We have found that sequences used in any other thread *but* the main
program thread will generate IPR/IPW warnings. Other orbs using a
similar allocation mechanism generate the same warnings.

Cheers,
Ted.

--
Ted McFadden