[omniORB] Lost one-way calls

Zurek, Jan Jan.Zurek@dresdner-bank.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:38:57 +0200

Duncan,

thanks for your reply. We are a little confused because in on one of =
the
e-mails in the archive Sai-Lai Lo states the following:

"Oneway call is just like request-reply except that there is no reply =
from
the other end. If the ORB detects the connection is broken when the =
request
is being sent, it does the following:

If the broken connection is a cache connection, i.e. it has been used
previously for other invocations, the ORB would quietly try to =
reconnect
to the remote address space and retry the request again.

If the reconnect fails, it would throw a COMM_FAILURE. ..."

What is correct now? The caller of a one-way "function" should be able =
recognize that the call could not be submitted and therefore the caller
should be able to perform some action (e.g. throw an exception).

Regards
Jan Zurek
Dresdner Kleinwort Benson
J=FCrgen-Ponto-Platz 1