[omniORB] ServerRequest

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:34:10 +0100 (GMT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Boris Khanales wrote:

> Shall ServerRequest has operation
> void arguments( NVList_ptr ); ???
> I need to find out how many args passed in the
> request and which are IN and which INOUT.
> Looks like ServerRequestImpl can work for
> me, but it isn't part of public interface.
> Any idea/sugestion?

Boris,

When using the DSI it is necassary for YOU (the application) to specify
how many arguments and the types the operation is expecting. See the
example in src/examples/dsi and the manual. This is because the GIOP
stream contains no information about the layout of arguments.

To determine this information at runtime you need to use an interface
repository. We don't have one, but you should be able to use any other
ORBs IR with omniORB, once I have fixed the problem I mentionned in my
last email to the list ...

Cheers,
David