[omniORB] Conflict with "StructMember"

Mike Ladwig mike@twinpeaks.prc.com
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:58:04 -0400

Hi.  I am porting some code from Orbix, and have had generally decent
luck so far.  I am stuck, however, on a problem porting my
implementation of the Query service.  I've looked in the mailing list
archives without luck.

In my "CosQuery.idl" file, I need the definition of TypeCode, so I
include "ir.idl" to get it.  The idl compiler generates a stub/skeleton
file that includes the generated "CosQuery.hh" file, which in turn
includes "ir.hh".

The "ir.hh" file includes both CORBA.h and corbaidl.hh.  These files
both attempt to define several conflicting names (starting with
::CORBA::StructMember), and my compilation fails.

Any suggestions?  I'm sure I'm missing something because this seems to
be a common thing to wish to accomplish, but I can't figure out what...

Thanks,
mike.