[omniORB] About IOR

Fri, 09 Apr 1999 09:26:58 +0100

On Thursday 8 April, Hua Ji wrote:

> My situation is: No DNS server running on these embedded systems

> So, if a CORBA-based product, by default, use DNS machine name to
> fill the "host" field of IOP. I cannot get access remote machine
> 'cause of no DNS server in my local machine.  How about the case if
> I manually compose a IOR, using IP address to fill out the "host"
> field? I am not sure if omniORB by default ONLY parse or wait for
> DNS name to create/open socket connection. Please clarify this
> issue. Thanks,

omniORB already uses the IP address by default. omniORB has a libc
wrapper class which provides a gethostbyname() function. To make your
embedded system work without DNS, you just need to provide such a
function which only deals with addresses in dotted format. You may
find that your system already provides such a function in its C
library.