[omniORB] issues with solaris and egcs shared libraries with omniOrb 2.7.1

Craig Brozefsky craig@red-bean.com
04 Apr 1999 00:12:25 -0800

I am trying to build shared libraries for omniORB 2.7.1 on Solaris
using egcs and I am running into some issues during linking, building
the examples, and just generally using the makefiles.

Is there a reason omniORB does not use automake/autoconf/libtool?
Perhaps the win32 platform and other needs preclude the use of those
tools, but they sure would make life easier for those of us trying to
port omniORB.  If there is no reason not to use them, perhaps I could
try and get omniORB autoconfigscated and libtoolized.

With the omniORB binary package for sunos_5.6 built with SunProC I
cannot build the examples using egcs (even after changing the
platform/sunos_5.6.mk to use egcs) because when it tries to link there
are many unresolvable symbols.  At this point I cannot tell if these
are just issues with using egcs, or egcs with SunproC compiled
libraries, or just the libraries themselves.

--
Craig Brozefsky        <craig@red-bean.com>
Less matter, more form!      - Bruno Schulz