[omniORB] Building on Alpha Linux 2.0

Brent Fulgham bfulgham@xpsystems.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:11:16 -0800

Hello everyone,

I am maintain the omniorb binary distribution for the Debian GNU/Linux
distribution.  I have been very successful working with omniORB running on
the i386 architecture.

Recently we received a donated alpha machine to help speed up our porting to
the alpha architecture.  I have been trying to build omniORB on this alpha
machine with little success.  The build proceeds properly, however the final
executable for omniNames dies on startup, prior to any configuration file
parsing, etc.  As near as I can tell, it seems to die when linking to the
pthreads library, although Sai-Lai's thread test program (posted to this
list a few months back) built and ran properly.

I wonder if anyone on this list with an alpha-based Linux distribution could
indicate whether they have been successful building omniORB.  Any pointers
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brent