[omniORB] Linking problems in MSVC++ 5.0

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
10 Nov 1998 11:29:58 +0000

>   Hmmm. I've only installed omniORB 2.6.1. I don't know how I could
> possibly have gotten pre-2.6.x runtime libraries. And I don't get
> an undefined symbol: omniORB_2_6.

>   I get 31 LINK2001: unresolved external symbol "blahblah" errors.
> None of them are for the symbol omniORB_2_6.

>   I downloaded omniORB_2_6_1_x86_win32.zip on November 4, so I can't
> see old files as the problem. I am re-downloading the files just to be
> sure. I would be surprised if that is the problem.

>   I can find omniORB_2_6 in omniinternal.h, and my application
> doesn't complain about not finding it, so I think it is finding
> that symbol no problem.

>   Looking inside some of the include files.... Perhaps
> "HAS_Cplusplus_Namespace" is not being defined somehow?

Indeed this is the problem. Looking back at your previous mail, you have

/D "_MSC_VER"

in the compiler command line option.

Why is it there? It is an internal compiler macro identifying the version
of the compiler. The value of this macro is used internally to see if
namespace can be enabled. MSVC++ 5 has _MSC_VER=1000 I think.

Just delete the _MSC_VER option and rebuild everything should solve your
problem I hope.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND