[omniORB] root context #1

Grohmann, Axel grohmann@ike.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun, 24 May 1998 13:18:54 +0200

> My structure need two naming service in the same name space.
> In the SERVER2, it need two root contexts. I can regester just one IOR to
> root context by REGEDT32.exe.
> Please give me some advice.

I am not an expert in this field, but I suppose there are two possibilities: either
you forget REGEDT32.exe and work with environment variables (which can be even set
from within your program pointing to one of two different files containg the IOR of
the name service), or you set up a third, superior name service, and make the other
name services register with the superior. This would require some changes to the
code, and it also would change the way you address one of your two name
services.Are you sure you need two name services? Can't you get around the problem
with just one name service, and maybe registering objects twice using different
context/object names and kinds?

Hope this serves,

Axel Grohmann

Department of Knowledge Engineering and Numerics
Institute of Nuclear Energy and Energy Systems
University of Stuttgart
Pfaffenwaldring 31
70550 Stuttgart
Germany