[omniORB] Duplicate symbols in shared libraries on Solatis causing problems

Emmanuel Saint-Loubert saintlou@tumbleweed.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 12:28:43 -0700

Hello,

We have been using the shared version of the OmniORB libraries for a
while. However, based on how we link the rest of our code (static or
dynamic) we see different behaviours. While I have not got to the bottom
of this, I have noticed that:

    /src/lib/omniORB2/tcpSocketMTfactory.cc redefine the system symbol
"abort"

    The libtcpwrapGK library redefines a number of system symbols:
openlog, syslog, putenv, gentenv,...

Having duplicate symbold in shared library can ceratinly cause
intialization problems, this has been our experience and was confirmed
by Sun.

Thanks,

-- Emmanuel R. Saint-Loubert         saintlou@tumbleweed.com
   Tumbleweed Software Corp.       http://www.tumbleweed.com
   2010 Broadway                            Tel 650-569-3676
   Redwood City, CA 94063                   Fax 650-369-7197