[omniORB] can't get started with the Echo sample

Ramesh V. Shaastri Ramesh_Shaastri@hp.com
Tue, 12 May 1998 07:50:08 -0400

I was able to compile and build eg3_impl.exe and eg3_clt.exe. But I keep
getting an exception when the following statement executes in eg3_impl:

   initServ = orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");

I run the omniNames.exe program before trying to execute eg3_impl. I
assume this starts the naming service (IOR)? Can someone tell me what is
going on or what I might be doing wrong?

-- rvs
* Ramesh V. Shaastri                  "... some drink from the   *
* Hewlett-Packard Company              fountain of knowledge,    *
* Santa Clara Division                 while others just gargle" *
*                                      -- source unknown         *