SIGUSR1 using omniORB2.4 with egcs-1.0.1 and Redhat 5.0

Jörg Narr jnarr@Comsys.DoFN.DE
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:10:55 +0000

Dear experts,

I am using the above configuration and am facing a problem I can't solve
alone. I have been trying to implement a proxy server for an
existing system using proprietary messaging formats. To offer a
standardized interface for third parties, we decided to implement this
in CORBA using omniORB2.4. The implementation uses the
"Callback"-Pattern.  It looks like this:

          _______________
___________________
_________
          |3rd party program |      <--Corba-->     |myProxyServer_impl
|   <--proprietary TCP/IP-->        |"old apps"|
^
This means that myProxyServer_impl needs both the omniORB-Headers and
Libs as well as the headers and libs of our "old" system.

The problem now is as follows:

As long as I don't include the header-files of our "old" application,
everything works well. My application is able to communicate
with the 3rd party application without causing any trouble. As soon as I
include the headers of the old
application though, the "Proxy"-Server receives a signal SIGUSR1 which I
can catch, but the ORB wouldn't run anyway. What
wonders me the most is that I basically use a bit of a more extended
version of eg3_impl and eg3_clt.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour so far?

I also encountered that neither eg3_impl nor eg3_clt catch an exception
when omniNames hasn't been started. As far as I can remember
it did when I was still using gcc-2.7.2.3. I apologize if I am wrong
with this assumption.

Thank you in advance.

J=F6rg