[omniORB] [bounce retry] Help !!!

Bruce Visscher bvisscher@mindspring.com
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 23:04:17 -0400

Sorry for the slow response.

Boris Khanales wrote:

> I'm trying to compile OMNI ORB on DEC Alpha OpenVMS 7.1
>
> Did anybody try it?

Yes, someone in Germany did this and reports no problems.  I don't have
access to a 7.1 system, so I haven't tried this myself.

> Right now I have an error "Can not open file lex_yy.cc".

Look for a file called lex.yy_cc or something like that.  The MMS
initialization procedure should have renamed it.  If not, you can rename
it yourself.  The problem is that VMS can't handle file names with more
than one dot ('.').  Different utilities use various schemes to get
around this.  There are 2 or 3 others like that.   I think VMS 7.2 is
supposed to fix this.

> I also did not find files for the version 7.1. We've just
> copied files .MMS & .OPT.

You should change the Posix thread draft version macro
(PthreadDraftVersion?) to 10 from 4.  Also, you need to change the
DECthreads library (currently set to sys$library:cma$open_rtl).  I'll
e-mail you the name of the library from work (I'm writing this at home)
or you can look it up in the DECthreads documentation.

HTH,

Bruce