Cannot use omniORB2 with egcs snapshot980214 on x86 Linux

Andrey Slepuhin pooh@msu.ru
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 18:14:09 +0300 (MEST)

On 20-Feb-98 Sai-Lai Lo wrote:
> Several people have reported problems related to omniORB2 and various
> snapshots of egcs since 1.0. I pulled in snapshot980214 last night and can
> confirm that the combination indeed does not work.
>
> eg1, eg2{clt,impl} seems to work but both eg3_clt and eg3_impl hang.
>
> I stepped through the code and discovered that the throw (file: NamingSK.cc
> line: 1260) in
>
> CosNaming::_proxy_NamingContext::bind_new_context ( const CosNaming::Name & n
> )
>
> is not properly handled and the process just hangs from that point onwards.
>
> It looks like a bug in the exception handling in general or just in the
> thread-safe exception handling stuff.

I tried to build 980209 snapshot with egcs-980214 on AIX and I also have
problems with that throw, though egcs on AIX uses sjlj exceptions. So,
it seems that the problem is general. Do you receive more info about this
problem?

Andrey.

P.S. I'm sorry that I didn't built 980209 omniORB snapshot earlier. Also it
     seems that I'll test omniORB on AIX only with egcs, because I'll use
     egcs agressively in my own work.