Inter ORB communication

Ole Storm storm@ifad.dk
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:15:58 +0100

Greetings,

I am new to CORBA and this mailing list, so please forgive me if this
question has previously been answered here.

I have developed a simple client and server using omniORB 2.4, and
everything seems to work well (thanks to the good documentation).
Subsequently I ported the same client and server to use the OmniBroker
CORBA implementation, and things works well here too.

Now, the real interesting thing was to see if the client and server
could communicate across the two CORBA implementations. The result is:

Client		Server		Result

omniORB		OmniBroker	no success
OnmiBroker	omniORB		OK

The omniORB client succeeds in doing both the string_to_object and
_narrow, but fails in the first call towards the server. Apparently
things goes wrong in the destructor of class omniRopeAndKey. The call
never reaches the server!

Before going into further details I would like to know if I am trying to
do something impossible, or is there something I should be aware of when
I am trying to do inter ORB communication.

Regards,

	Ole.

Ole Storm
The Institute of Applied Computer Science (IFAD)
Forskerparken 10, DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark
Phone: +45 6315 7134, Fax: +45 6593 2999, Email: storm@ifad.dk
WWW: http://www.ifad.dk